Saturday, November 19, 2005

Hotel gaza!

My friend yakov a.k.a. da russian, Wrote this song back when i was living in maoz hayam also known as the palm beach hotel.

Hotel gaza!
On a dark desert highway
Cool wind in my hair
Loud sounds of Mortar
Rising up through the air
Up ahead in the distance
I saw a shimmering light
My head grew heavy,
and my sight grew dim
I had to stop for the night
There they stood in the doorway
I heard the mission bell
And I was thinking to myself
This could be Heaven or this could be Hell
Then we lit up a fire
And that showed me the way
There were voices down the corridor
I thought I heard them say

Welcome to the Hotel of Gaza
Such a lovely place Such a lovely place (background)
Such peaceful grace
Plenty of room at the Hotel of Gaza
All the time there’s war
All the time there’s war (background)
You can find it here
You can find it here

The sound of anguish is higher
Then the voice of regret
There’s always mortar fire
But we will never forget
How they came to our village
With big trucks and tanks
Uniformed soldiers In varying ranks
So I walked up to the captain
And asked him his name
He said
Moshe Yitschak Halevi, But I’m not to blame.
The orders were passed on from far, far away.
Here come the chevra and say:


Welcome to the Hotel of Gaza
Such a Freaky Place
Such a Freaky Place (background)
Such a Big Disgrace
They're livin' it up at the Hotel of Gaza
What a nice disguise
What a nice disguise (background)
Time to Improvise

Bullets are soaring high
Missing their intended targets
Baruch Hashem
We are all praying to g-d
So none of them hits
I call out to my brothers
Stay strong my friends
And lets us pray for those
Mothers that lost kids in defense
You gotta always remember
What happened to our ancestors
Let us not wait till Rosh Hashana
In September Keep those soldiers at bay
For the losses they grieve
Gush Katif will keep standing
And we will never leave.

2 Comments:

At 10:52 AM, Blogger Jameel @ The Muqata said...

Sad...so sad. I loved going to the Neve Dekalim Hotel...

B'Ezrat Hashem it will be rebuilt soon!

 
At 7:21 AM, Anonymous Yakov said...

Damn, That was a hard moment.
ThnX for posting it

 

Post a Comment

<< Home